Lincoln Toby Carvery restaurant to close for good at the end of the month

It will only be serving breakfast on its final day of trading.

Published:

Sign up for our free newsletter HERE

It will only be serving breakfast on its final day of trading.

Lincoln’s Toby Carvery will close its doors for good at the end of the month and customers are being asked to be ‘understanding’ due to ‘the difficult circumstances’.

The carvery chain announced the permanent closure of its St Mark’s Square eatery on social media earlier this week.

Diners now have until February 28 to enjoy a meal, but it will only be open for breakfast on it’s final day.

- Advertisement -

The restaurant took to social media and stated: “We regret to inform you that we will be permanently closing at 12:00pm on Saturday, 28th February.”

It added: “We kindly ask for your understanding during this time.

image 22
PICTURED: St Marks Shopping Centre in Lincoln where Toby Carvery is based

“Our team are working hard to maintain the level of service you expect under the current circumstances.

“A special thank you to our team for all their hard work throughout the years and especially at this current time.

“We couldn’t have achieved all we have without your dedication.”

A spokesman for the restaurant confirmed the decision.

“We are in consultation with the team at the restaurant and hope to redeploy as many employees as possible at our other nearby businesses.

“This decision has been taken after careful consideration and as part of the continual review of our estate,” they added.

The closure comes as the owners of the shopping centre where the restaurant is based told the BBC they are ‘continuing to see vacancy rates increase.’

St Marks Shopping Centre, built on the site of a former railway station, has seen a number of major retailers including Debenhams, Argos and Mothercare close stores in recent years, with Toby Carvery being the latest.

Aberdeen Investments, the owners of St Marks, said there had been “little demand from retailers to replace them”.

A spokesperson for Aberdeen Investments said: “We are not standing still. We have invested a considerable amount in regenerating part of the site into a leisure unit.

“We have also invested over £80m developing part of the site into 1,300 student accommodation units,” they added.

The firm said it was continuing to assess future demand and viability from a range of future options.

Subscribe to the daily STUCK IN THE MIDDLE newsletter

For all the latest news, events and goings on in the East Midlands, enter your details below.

We don’t spam! Pinkie promise

More from us...

Trending

Lincoln Toby Carvery restaurant to close for good at the end of the month

It will only be serving breakfast on its final day of trading.

Tex-Mex street food restaurant planned for historic Lincoln street

Plan Burrito had submitted a licensing application for premises on The Strait at the bottom of Steep Hill

Leicester’s legendary Chinese New Year celebrations kick off this weekend with city centre procession and Highcross shopping centre takeover

Leicester's legendary Chinese New Year celebrations will be wowing the crowds in the city centre once again this weekend.

‘Extremely busy’: EMR warning to train passengers due to weekend engineering works

Network Rail will be carrying out significant upgrades over the weekend